5/10/13

RANT RANT RANT

Hi everyone, it turns out I came here to rant again, but this is really annoying and stupid.

CRAFTGAWKER.

As much as I like the ideas I find here, I HATE how they decline my submissions multiple times, because...

Just take a look:

This is the first photo I submitted after my declined December submission:


This is the last photo I submitted. I cropped it, so it's square and so they wouldn't complain about "awkward angle" (I thought that only humans can make awkward angles in photos). I also removed the text.

BUT they still declined it because of light issues. I took those pictures with DSLR camera, aren't they proffessional enough? Come on, I've seen worse pictures on there and I still question why they declined me that many times. I admit, my first photos weren't that good, but this wasn't taken with a phone camera! Lighting issues? You know, ribbons reflect light like crazy and it's supposed to be that bright!

I just wish they started to look at the actual projects and ideas a person wants to share, not judge the photo quality, that's not even that important when it comes to a great idea (i'm not saying this is the greatest idea ever, but I also think other people in the same situaton).

From now on, I won't ever try to submit something on Craftgawker again, ever. I won't change my picture again.There are other sites, too. For example, Cut Out + Keep gives everyone a try and don't judge them by pictures only.

2 comments:

  1. After having a couple of rejections myself I took a look at the ones being accepted. They seem to go after very white & clean looking images. No shadows, etc. It was VERY frustrating trying to figure out what they want. Especially because I do not have a DSLR camera I thought there was no hope. I had to edit my pictures to death to meet their standards. They really should not judge a book by its cover so to speak. Don't let it get you down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaww, thanks! :) Well, i'm kind of over it now, although I would like my projects to be there, it seems kind of impossible.

    ReplyDelete