As promised, here is a new craft tutorial by me! It is a tutorial for making Mini Tassels, and i'm going to use them to decorate edge for my unfinished knit poncho.
I got my inspiration for these mini tassels from my new scarf, who also has mini tassel trim sewn all around edge. I asked my sister how much it would cost to buy a trim like that and she said that it might cost alot, so I had to think of some kind of substitute for that trim.
Making mini tassels by myself suddenly came into my mind! And I already had everything to do that! :)
- Thread (you can also use embroidery thread, it's softer)
- Small piece of cardboard
1. Cut a small piece of card. Mine was from a pack of markers and it was already folded in half.
2. Then prepared a little piece of thread and a needle. You will need these to hold your tassel together later.
3. To start, take your long thread and put end of it where card edges meet (not the fold, but cut edges). Oooh, I always have to struggle with explaining something, especially in english.
5. Next step is quite obvious and I even took a picture for it,but yeah - cut off the thread when you're done wrapping. :D
6. Next, take the short thread and run it under layers of wrapped thread using needle. Do this where top of the card is, where it is folded.
Well, my picture might help understand, if not- comment, if a comment doesn't helps, a video shall be made! :D (Well,no.)
8. Then tie this short thread once just to hold the thread abit for the next step.
9. Then cut wrapped thread on the bottom. To make this step easier, slide the scissors between card.
10. After that, hold unfinished tassel together and remove the card.
11. Then make a knot with the short thread again in the same place.
13. You can give your finished tassel a trim with scissors if necessary.
14. And you're done! Make as much tassels as you want! :)
I hope you liked my project, share it with everyone! :)